Mentoring & Workshops
Lightroom & Photoshop Mentoring
Let's meet up at a coffeeshop and I'll show you what I know! Bring your laptop!
For those creatives who have limited experience working with Photoshop who would be interested in a general overview of the tools available, how to best utilize them for standard photo editing, and what basic methods can be used specifically for retouching portraits. Prepare your own selection of images for us to process and talk about during thesession — otherwise I can provide sample images for you to follow along with while we edit together.
*Owning both Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom is recommended but not required
For those who have had experience with either Photoshop or Lightroom (ideally both) but who are interested in more in-depth instruction on how to most effectively use these programs. We may review the basics that would typically be covered in an introductory session, but only briefly — the majority of the content we cover will be catered specifically to your own areas of interest. Color correction and frequency-separation techniques for retouching will be emphasized for this level. Please bring and prepare your own images to work with — the goal of this workshop is to learn new techniques that will aid you in best achieving what you've uniquely envisioned for your work. Let's figure out your artistic style!
*An Adobe Creative Cloud subscription for photographers is ideal for this session
- 1-on-1 editing and instruction
- 5 free custom Lightroom presets
- Frequency separation actions for portrait retouching (in Photoshop)
- Inside-look into my editing process, using curves, selective color, etc.
- Helpful shortcuts (for Mac-users)
- Instruction on how to efficiently work between both programs, especially when batch-processing
- Receive feedback and guided instruction on how to better see your creative vision come to life
Introductory — $125
Advanced — $175
Combo Package* — $275
*This can happen over several days
On-Location Portrait Workshop
For entry-level photographers who would be most interested in learning how to best use their cameras for simply taking portraits! An entry-level photographer should have basic knowledge of their own camera's functions and how to navigate its settings, although I may review these fundamentals of photography. Being comfortable with manually setting up your camera is one of the most important steps in becoming a successful and adaptable photographer!
- On-location photo shoot with an experienced/professional model
- Lesson on finding and using the best natural light for portraits
- Tips for choosing the most appropriate camera settings for different situations
- How to use the aid of a reflector to eliminate unwanted shadows
Beginner's — $200
Advanced — $275
Combo Package* — $375
*Expect to spend a full day shooting!